Thursday, March 04, 2010

Saratoga 2010 Stakes Schedule-First Glance

NYRA has announced the 2010 Stakes Schedule for Belmont and Saratoga.

The biggest change for me will be getting used to The Ruffian now being run at Saratoga on Sunday August 1st, instead of during The Fall Championship meet at Belmont. Perhaps this will be a nice spot for Rachel Alexandra and Zenyatta to race, although I suspect the $250,000 purse (down $50,000 from 2009) would have to be bumped up a bit to entice both to show up.

One thing I would guess is that Governor Paterson, er..I mean his successor..will not be soliciting free tickets for any dates on the stakes schedule.

1 comment:

ljk said...

Pletcher says the Woodward is on the schedule for Quality Road. I'd love to see one, or both of the mares in that race.