Thursday, December 22, 2011

Where's the Money?

The New York State Racing & Wagering Board voted unanimously on Wednesday to admonish the New York Racing Association for overcharging bettors millions of dollars over the past 15 months.

Not exactly the year end publicity NYRA was hoping for.

More importantly, when do the bettors get refunds? The payback totals 8.6 million. If you have a NYRA Rewards account, you will probably get your refund first I would suppose. For non NYRA betting accounts, expect a much longer wait and for those cash bets, well ...you know what they say.

And this gem as reported in the Times Union (Albany, NY)

"I don't expect this will ever happen again,"
Racing Board Commissioner Charles Diamond said.

Merry Christmas everyone.

1 comment:

Saratoga Sinner said...

I guess that answers my question for all my bogus exacta payouts at toga this summer when the same at Fairground would be 25% more.