Friday, April 05, 2013

Wacking the Wood

Spring is here and so is the Wood Memorial. Always the highlight of the Big A Spring season for me, but due too the continued squalid conditions on the racing side of the racino, I'll watch on NBC and bet through my NYRA Rewards account. 

You can catch my complete analysis of the race over at the Thorofan site.

But long story short, I really like Elnaawi to finish in the money. I won't try to beat Verrazano as I see no reason why he would take a step back off his thus far perfect record. The distance won't be a problem and I think Pletcher has him tuned nicely for tomorrow.

 But Elnaawi was third at Aqueduct in the Grade II Gotham won by Vyjack, despite a rough trip. He gets a new jockey in Eddie Castro replacing Channing Hill. I like the tasty 12-1 odds and think this horse is an overlay if post time odds remain in that area.

No comments: