Thursday, April 30, 2009

Kentucky Derby Betting Guide

Well, actual more of a referral.

I defer you to the bloggers and experts all much better versed in this stuff than I. Best place to start is our homepage where you can find free Past Performances on the Derby (and a bunch of other stakes including the Oaks), all the TBA blogs, standings, links to non TBA blogs and Twitter links.

Bad economy or not, I expect the money to come streaming in. To get a grasp on just how much is actually bet on this race, between on track, off track and all the various on line betting sites I am looking forward to watching at 9 pm tonight the CNBC special on the business side of racing I previously posted about.

For what it’s worth regarding my Derby Picks, I will toss out I Want Revenge and Pioneerof the Nile (ha, ha spelled it right), who both look like they will be way overbet too me.

I’ll play with 5 different horses in my various plays: Friesan Fire (looks fit and workouts good), Regal Ransom (I think he has a chance to take the lead and just stick around to finish in the money), Dunkirk (loved his guts in the Florida Derby), Desert Party (the other Dubai horse-or is Regal Ransom the "other" one) and Chocolate Candy (love his pedigree, sired by Candy Ride- although I think too much smart money will come in on him, lowering his odds more than I would like). Check out all Kentucky Derby Betting odds here.

1 comment:

Keith - Triple Dead Heat said...

The more blogs i read, the more people are settling on Friesan Fire...suddenly the 8-1 futures bet is looking generous!!