Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All Access?

So I go onto the Pimlico website to see if they are web casting the Preakness Stakes draw today at 5 pm, now that ESPN has dropped live TV coverage of the event. No luck, but the website tells me HRTV is covering it. Well that's great if you get Satellite, but I am a Time Warner Cable Subscriber and HRTV is not available on Time Warner Cable systems. No worries, as I find out ESPN360.com is also covering it. Great, I type in the web address for ESPN360.com and here is what I find:

"ESPN360.com is available at no charge to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection from an ESPN360.com affiliated Internet service provider. ESPN360.com is also available to fans that access the Internet from U.S. college campuses and U.S. military bases.

Your current computer network falls outside of these categories
."


Turns out that Time Warner Cable which also provides my DSL service is not an "affiliate Internet Service Provider". So, looks like I am shutout. Don't you just love trying to follow this game?

2 comments:

Barry said...

My cable system doesn't have HRTV either and I am shut out too. Be so easy to webcast, but racing rarely makes the right moves. Sad

Anonymous said...

Philadelphia Park and California Thoroughbred Assoc.(calracing.com) are the only places that I know where you can watch live racing for free online. If all tracks did this they might attract new fans.