Thursday, May 27, 2010

I'll Shake to that.

Good news comes twice this week for those planning to spend the summer at Saratoga Race this summer. First we learn of the New York State legislature’s approval of a $25 million loan which will enable racing to continue at Belmont Park, Saratoga Race Course and Aqueduct Racetrack.

Then, On Wednesday, we learn that the Union Square Hospitality Group will operate 2 racetrack versions of their NYC restaurants at the Spa, Blue Smoke and Shake Shack.

I now have a new schedule upon my visits to the Spa, especially during weekdays, when I duck in midday while in between work appointments, catch a few races, that hit the road again.

The new schedule: Enter through clubhouse side entrance, walk about 50 yards, turn left into Paddock Tent, get in line for Shake Shack, order ShackBurger with Iced Tea, study Daily Racing Form and people watch while eating, bet a few races, contemplate buying Vanilla Shake from Shake Shack on my way out to resume rest of workday.

Finish work day, Run 3 miles upon arriving home.

If Vanilla Shake purchased run 6 miles.

3 comments:

Jean in VA. said...

Sounds like a fun day to me.

ljk said...

Or my favorite, play the races all day, and then buy a couple orders of Hattie's chicken to take home and enjoy on the patio with a nice glass of wine.

So many options...

55 days?

The_Knight_Sky said...

I'm sampling Chili Dogs this weekend.

I'll take an extra bite just for you. ;-)