Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fanatic

From the American Heritage Dictionary:

Fanatic: One possessed by excessive or irrational zeal

It is from this word that the word "Fan" was derived which The American Heritage Dictionary defines as : "Ardent Admirer"

I thought the Zenyatta fans were pretty zealous but nothing seems to exceed the enthusiasm of the "Barbaro's Followers" group also known as the FOB's , a group dedicated to following the off spring of the 2006 Kentucky Derby winner. Barbaro's full brother Lentenor broke his maiden today on the turf at Gulfstream Park. In his third start and first as a 3-year-old, Lentenor went off as the even-money favorite in the 1 1/16-mile maiden special weight contest. The Bloodhorse has a blog called "Tracking Barbaro's Brothers". The blog had 81 comments and counting on Wednesday's post highlighting the Lentenor win.

Comments include this from Cal Gal:
"The tears of joy are flowing over on ABR and on this board, I'd bet. What a victory!!! He drew away and poured it on -- he's bottomless, too."
from Stardustyrose:

Could it be that John Velazquez and Lentenor are the next Triple Crown winners? I believe the jockey change happened for a reason"


and from Cassidy:

"Oh yea baby! Great job Team Lentenor! I am crying and smiling and crying and smiling.... Thank you God for this amazing day. Lentenor looks great!"
and here I thought it was an ordinary workday Wednesday with not much going on in the horse racing world but some post Eclipse talk and a small pick 6 carryover at the Big A. Man I gotta get my game in gear.

3 comments:

ljk said...

I thought he looked a little green when he made the lead myself. If I posted that on that blog though, it would create quite an uproar. Even mild criticism is not allowed.

I didn't know there was a triple crown for turf horses. Not a bad idea though...

ljk said...

News: La Ville Rouge Aborted 2010 Foal

I make the over/under for the number of comments on the Bloodhorse blog 250

SaratogaSpa said...

ljk....24 hours later and the comments are up to 154.

You can check out fellow TBA blogger Superfecta for her thoughts on the loss of the La Ville Rouge foal which would have been a full sister to Barbaro

thanks for reading